General terms and conditions
Accommodated clients (guests) are subject to Slovak laws on the basis of Slovak law and these terms and conditions. Accommodated guests accept the terms and conditions as a contractual condition for accommodation and are obliged to follow all provisions therein.
Guests are obliged to thoroughly review these terms and conditions and ignorance of the provisions herein shall not be taken into account. The terms and conditions are posted at the reception desks at Hotel Senec, Hotel Sitno, Atrium Hotel and Hotel Relax (“hotel”) in addition to other locations.
I. Terms and conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to hotel room rental agreements for the purposes of accommodations, conference and banquet rooms and hotel premises for conducting other events for paid compensation as well as for all other services provided by the hotel to guests. Any other terms and conditions may only be applied for guests when explicitly agreed upon between the parties in advance.
2. An accommodation agreement is formed upon the hotel’s acceptance of the guest’s reservation request. The hotel alone decides to accept a reservation in writing or not.
3. The parties are the hotel and the guest. In the case of third party orders, this party is liable to the hotel together with the guest as a co-debtor for all liabilities arising on the basis of the agreement if it furnishes the hotel with a relevant statement from the guest.
4. Any sub-letting or other rental of the premises, including their use for purposes other than accommodation or other purposes agreed upon in the accommodation agreement require the prior written consent of the hotel.
5. All accommodation prices published by the hotel in promotional materials are published for double occupancy with two adults. An additional fee will be added for single occupancy based on the current price list.
II. Conditions and manner of accommodation
1. The hotel may only accommodate guests who have properly registered. Guests check in and register at hotel reception immediately upon arrival. Guests are obliged to provide hotel staff with their identification card, passport or other valid proof of identity as defined in Act No. 253/1998 Coll. on Reporting Residence for Slovak Nationals in the Register of Slovak Nationals as amended and in accordance with Act No. 363/20058 Coll. on Personal Data Protection as amended.
2. Guests who are not Slovak nationals (i.e. aliens) are obliged under Act No. 404/2011 Coll. on the Residence of Aliens as amended to complete and furnish the official residence reporting form to hotel reception upon arrival, whereby the guest is obliged to truthfully and completely provide all required details.
3. The hotel provides accommodated guests with services in the full scope defined under Ministry of Economy Decree No. 277/2008 Coll.
4. In extraordinary cases, the hotel may offer a guest accommodations other than those agreed upon so long as they do not deviate significantly from the confirmed order.
5. If no other agreement is reached, reserved rooms are made available to guests beginning at 2 PM on the agreed arrival date. Guests have no right to be granted earlier access to the reserved room.
6. Guests accommodated before 6 AM shall pay for accommodations for the entire preceding night.
7. The room must be vacated on the agreed day of departure by 10 AM and returned to the hotel. Late departure from 10 AM to 3 PM authorises the hotel to charge the guest a fee of €25.00 for late check out. Late departure from 3 PM to 5 PM authorises the hotel to charge the guest a fee of €35.00 for late check out. Late departure after 5 PM authorises the hotel to charge the guest a fee of 100% of the price of the room.
The room is considered vacated once the guest removes all personal items from the room, returns the keys or electronic card to reception and notifies hotel staff that they are checking out of the hotel. The hotel reserves the right to inventory the contents of the room for payment of the guest’s consumables within 1 hour from when the guest vacates the room.
8. The hotel may dispose of any reserved room if the guest does not arrive by 4 PM on the check in date. This does not apply if late arrival is explicitly agreed upon in advance.
9. If the guest orders a single-bed room in advance and the hotel confirms the order, the hotel shall only charge the price for a single room, even if the guest is accommodated in a multi-bed room or in an apartment. The same applies for accommodations ordered and confirmed for a double or triple room if the guest is accommodated in a multi-bed room or apartment.
10. If the guest requests to extend their stay, the hotel may offer the guest a different room at a different price than was originally provided. In such case, the guest has no entitlement to stay in the room they were originally provided or to stay in any other room in the hotel if impossible due to capacity or other operational reasons.
III. Payment for provided accommodations
1. The price list of services for temporary accommodations and other services may be reviewed at hotel reception.
2. The hotel is authorised to seek a deposit payment of up to 100% of the price of accommodation from the guest when a reservation is made. If accommodation is reserved, such reservation is binding for the hotel as of the date on which the deposit payment is paid to the hotel´s account, unless otherwise agreed in writing..
3. Guests are obliged to pay the hotel’s agreed contracted price based on the hotel’s price list for the accommodations and other services they use. This applies for services and hotel expenses towards third parties induced by the guest. Guests are obliged to pay the hotel the price for accommodation and all provided services on the check-out day at the latest based on the provided billing for accommodation and services in the invoice with accounting of the advance payment received from the guest.
4. The hotel accepts corporate prices for one-off reservations in excess of 15 rooms or upon agreement with the hotel’s sales department. Corporate prices must be agreed upon with the hotel’s sales department in writing.
5. If the guest shortens their agreed stay in the hotel, the hotel has the right to charge the guest the full amount of the agreed price for the full length of the ordered stay.
6. Agreed prices include the price for accommodations, services and applicable value added tax. If more than 4 months have passed since the conclusion and execution of an agreement and the price charged by the hotel for such activities increases, the hotel may make a corresponding increase to the contractually agreed price of up to ten percent. The hotel may change prices if the guest subsequently requests a change in the number of reserved rooms, hotel services or length of stay and the hotel agrees to such changes.
7. If the price for provided services exceeds €333, the guest is obliged to immediately pay any outstanding balance when requested by reception.
8. The hotel is authorised to charge the guest for all due receivables and to request immediate payment. The hotel is authorised to charge interest from delay if payment is delayed. The hotel is authorised to issue an invoice with payment terms of a maximum of 14 days from the date of issue upon agreement with the guest.
9. Guests are not authorised to set off any hotel receivables against any due and/or not yet due receivables without the written consent of the hotel.
10. The hotel accepts the following types of payment cards: Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard, MasterCard Electronic, Maestro, Diners Club International.
11. Per-person pricing is for double adult occupancy in a double room.
IV. Hotel and guest liability
1. The hotel is not liable for damage to property the guest brings into and stores in the hotel. The hotel is not liable for any jewellery, cash and other valuables.
2. The hotel is liable for up to €331.94 for damage to property brought by, or for, the guest but only if such damage occurred otherwise.
3. The hotel shall provide the guest with a safe upon request and for payment based on the valid price list. The use of a safe in a room is not considered the acceptance of such items into custody by the hotel.
4. The hotel is not liable for items that are lost or forgotten in hotel premises.
5. The hotel is not liable for any damages suffered by guests outside of hotel grounds.
6. Hotel common areas are available to guests for the purposes of receiving visitors. Guests may only receive guests in their rooms between 8 AM and 10 PM with hotel staff approval and upon entry of their details in the log book of visitors
7. The hotel shall secure medical attention or transport to the hospital if a guest is injured or falls ill.
8. Guests are not permitted without the approval of hotel management to move any furnishings, make changes or otherwise interfere into the power circuits or other installations in the room or common areas.
9. Guests may not use any personal electric appliances in excess of 1,000 watts in any hotel premises, and in particular in their rooms.
10. Guests are obliged before leaving the hotel to turn off the lights, close all water taps and close the door in their room and attached areas and then return their electronic card to reception.
11. Children under the age of 10 may not be left without adult supervision in the rooms or in any other common areas of the hotel for safety reasons
12. Guests are not permitted to carry weapons or ammunition or otherwise keep weapons and ammunition in such a condition that permits their immediate use for safety reasons.
13. Guests may not carry skis, snowboards, sledges or bicycles to their rooms or other areas that are not dedicated storage areas.
14. Guests must respect hotel quiet hours between 10 PM and 7 AM.
15. Smoking is only permitted in reserved areas of the hotel. Smoking is strictly prohibited in rooms or on balconies. There is a strict prohibition in the hotel on the use of any narcotic and psychotropic substances
16. The accommodation of any animals is strictly forbidden.
17. Guests are obliged to place all rubbish exclusively into the dedicated receptacles.
18. If the guest receives a parking spot (including for payment) in the hotel parking lot, the hotel has no liability for the loss or damage to the vehicle on hotel property, including parked or moving vehicles and the property located in them.
19. The hotel provides the wake-up service with the highest level of care. The hotel always treats messages, parcels and consignments for guests with the highest level of professional care.
20. The hotel is not liable for free-time activities of any kind; the only exception is if the hotel acted with gross negligence or deliberately.
21. Found properly will only be mailed out upon request of an accommodated guest. Found property will be stored at the hotel for a maximum of six months. Upon expiry of such period, apparently valuable property will be handed over to the municipality.
22. Guests are liable for damages caused to hotel furnishings or amenities in the scope of applicable legal regulations.
If hotel property is damaged or destroyed, the hotel is authorised to seek compensation for damages in the value of the destroyed furnishings. The value of such furnishings is defined in a written list maintained at reception. It is in the interest of the guest to review its contents when respect to the damage or destruction of furnishings in the room and is liable as a responsible adult for damages caused by minors for which they are responsible as well as for damages caused by persons located inside the facility and whose stay has been permitted by the guest. Guests that damage hotel property are obliged to provide compensation for the damages that have occurred by the check-out date from the hotel during the settlement of all charges for accommodations and services or on the basis of an invoice. If a guest refuses to provide compensation for damages, the hotel is authorised to charge the guest a contractual fine of 0.1% per day of the outstanding amount for each day of delay. Payment of a contractual fine has no impact on hotel entitlement to compensation for damages.
23. Guest complaints and suggestions for hotel improvements are accepted by the reception manager or hotel management. Claims will be resolved by the Claims Procedure published at hotel reception.
V. Withdrawal, cancelling orders and cancellation
1. If a written date for free-of-charge withdrawal from an agreement is defined between the guest and the hotel, the guest may withdraw from the agreement by this date without hotel entitlement to payment or claims for hotel damages. The guest no longer has the right to withdraw from the agreement if it does not exercise its right to withdraw from the agreement in writing by such date.
2. Cancellation conditions for cancelling a stay by the guest:
• The hotel will charge 100% of the price for the ordered services as a cancellation fee if an order is cancelled within 5 or fewer business days in advance of the reservation
• The hotel will charge 70 % of the price for the ordered services as a cancellation fee if an order is cancelled within 6 to 10 business days in advance of the reservation.
• The hotel will charge 50 % of the price for the ordered services as a cancellation fee if an order is cancelled within 11 to 20 business days in advance of the reservation.
• The hotel will not charge any cancellation fee if an order is cancelled 21 or more business days in advance of the reservation.
3. The hotel accepts a 10% tolerance in terms of the ordered number of persons.
4. The hotel reserves the right to revise the amount of any discounts provided if the actual number of persons differs significantly from the ordered number of persons.
5. Despite the cancellation conditions identified in (2) above, the hotel shall always review the cancellation conditions individually for every event in order to provide the best possible conditions for the guest.
6. The hotel is authorised to withdraw from the agreement if the agreed or requested payment is not made in advance, or after expiry of an adequate additional term defined by the hotel.
7. The hotel is authorised to withdraw from the agreement in extraordinary circumstances in the following cases: force majeure and other circumstances for which the hotel is not responsible that render performance of the agreement impossible; rooms were reserved on the basis of misleading or inaccurate material facts, e.g. in terms of the guest or the purpose of the stay; the hotel has justified grounds to conclude that the use of hotel services could pose a threat to regular business operations, the safety or seriousness of the hotel vis a vis the public, regardless of attribution to the hotel owner or organisation. The guest has no entitlement to compensation for damages in the case of withdrawal from the contract by the hotel.
1. Event organisers must report the final number of attendees to the hotel within five working days before the date of the event at the latest to ensure careful preparations may be conducted.
2. The hotel will accept a reduction in the number of attendees by up to ten per cent during final billing. The basis used in such situation is the originally announced number of attendees minus ten per cent.
3. Billing will use the actual number of attendees when the number of attendees is higher. Overage of more than ten per cent must be agreed upon with the hotel in advance.
4. The hotel is authorised to redefine the agreed price and change the confirmed rooms in the event of deviations in the number of attendees of more than ten per cent; an exception is granted if such changes represent an excessive burden on the event organiser.
5. The hotel is authorised to charge service fees based on individual confirmations for events extending beyond 10 PM if the agreed compensation does not already include the event lasting beyond 10 PM.
6. The event organiser is not authorised to bring food and/or beverages to the event. Exceptions are subject to prior written agreement with the hotel. Service fees or uncorking fees may be charged in such cases.
7. Event organisers and clients are liable for payment of any food and beverages additionally ordered by event attendees.
8. The event organiser/client is obliged to report to the hotel without prompting if the performed service and/or event is able to incite public interest and/or restrict or pose a threat to the hotel´s interests given its content or nature
9. Ads in newspapers and other similar forms of publication, in particular invitations to interviews, political or religious events or sales events containing a reference to the hotel itself require the prior written consent of the hotel in all instances.
10. All photos published on the hotel’s website are copyright protected and any use is subject to the written consent of the author. Website users may not alter published photos, copy them, display, publish, reproduce or publicly disseminate such photos for sale, rental or borrowing without the prior written consent of the author. In no case is the hotel liable for any indirect, ancillary or random compensation for damages, including lost profits, caused by the usage, dissemination or any other use of the published photos without the author’s approval.
11. If the hotel procures technical and other equipment from third parties upon request from the event organiser, it does so on behalf of, on the basis of written authorisation and at the cost of the event organiser. The event organiser releases the hotel from all third party claims involving such equipment..
12. The use of electric appliances by the event organiser and using the hotel´s power system requires the hotel´s written consent if the appliances are rated in excess of 1,000 W. The event organiser is responsible for all damages or outages caused to the hotel’s technical equipment by their usage so long as the hotel did not cause such damage or outage.
13. Outside décor must comply with the statutory fire safety requirements. The hotel is authorised to request official certification of such fact. Due to the potential for damage, the installation and placement of such items must be agreed in advance with the hotel.
14. Outside exhibited and other items brought to the hotel must be immediately removed once the event is over. The hotel may charge rental fees for the room for the duration of any period such items are left behind in the event space by the event organiser. The event organiser retains the evidence below and the hotel the compensation for damages above. The hotel is authorised to remove and store at event organiser expense without the need to complete a formal custody or storage agreement. The event organiser is obliged to pay damages to the hotel caused by the accumulation of items left behind.
VII. Final provisions
1. Services are delivered and payment is made at the hotel..
2. If the individual provisions of these terms and conditions were or become invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions hereof remain in force.
3. All property disputes arising on the basis hereof, including disputes as to its validity, interpretation or cancellation, shall be resolved by the Permanent Court of Arbitration operated by the Chamber of Arbiters, with registered office at Zelená 2, 811 01 Bratislava established by Komora arbitrov, s.r.o. Company ID: 36 701 734 (“court of arbitration”) if a party petitions the court of arbitration; the arbitration proceeding will be conducted based on its internal regulations (www.rozhodcovskysud.com) with a single arbiter defined under the regulations of the court of arbitration. The parties commit to respect the decision of the court of arbitration. Such rulings are binding and enforceable for the parties. This arbitration agreement enters into force on the date when either of the parties submits a petition for a decision in arbitration involving any dispute that arises on the basis hereof, including disputes as to its validity, interpretation or cancellation, to the court of arbitration
4. Amendment of an agreement, acceptance of a reservation request or terms and conditions must be completed in writing and are valid once the hotel confirms them in writing. Unilateral amendments completed by the guest are invalid.
5. Upon signature hereof, the guest agrees to the administration, processing and storage of their personal data for the needs of:
Hotel Senec - HOTEL SENEC a.s., Hattalova 12/a, 831 03 Bratislava, Company ID: 35735953
Hotel Sitno - ASPECT Vyhne, a.s., Hattalova 12/a, 831 03 Bratislava, Company ID: 36354694
Atrium Hotel - DOMÉNA, s.r.o., Nový Smokovec 42, 062 01 Vysoké Tatry, Company ID: 31399282
Hotel Relax - HOTEL SENEC a.s., Hattalova 12/a, 831 03 Bratislava, Company ID: 35735953
as well as the Trinity Hotel Alliance, of which the individual hotels are members. Providing personal data is voluntary and may be used for processing for the marketing purposes of the hotel and/or the Trinity Hotel Alliance under Act No. 428/2002 Coll. on Personal Data Protection. Consent is granted for an open-ended term and may be revoked in writing at any time.
6. The guest is obliged to comply with the conditions of these terms and conditions. The hotel is authorised to withdraw from the agreement to provide services before the termination of the agreed period of time if the guest grossly violates its obligations or general rules of moral conduct. Upon signature hereof, the guest confirms that it has reviewed the terms and conditions, the hotel price list and the conditions for staying in the hotel.
The Trinity Terms and Conditions are valid as of 1 January 2013.